Information On The Implementation Of Various Projects Of The Empowerment Department Of Disabled And Senior Citizens
1.Disabled Identity Card: (UDID) Department Of Disability Identity Cards Is A Scheme That Requires At Least 40% Disability To Identify Persons With Disabilities. (www.Swavlambancard.gov.in) Registered Applications Are Checked By The Department Of Health And Family Welfare Through The Medical Sciences Institute, Bodhgaya Hospital, Madikeri.
2.Special Schools: – A Child-Centered Educational Project For Disabled Children To Educate And Develop Disabled Children. There Are 2 Special Schools In The District, 2 Subsidized (Opportunity School, Kodagu Vidyalaya, Madikeri And Cheshire Home India Coorg Polibetta, Virajpete Taluk) And 2 Unaided (Self-Care Special Education And Rehabilitation Center) Two Of These Are Children With Maintain And One Hearing Impaired Children Who Are Working In Kodagu District.
3.Reimbursement of fee for higher education disabled persons: – Examination, tuition fees, laboratory fees and library fees fixed by the government for students with disabilities who are selected for higher education, vocational education, technical education, postgraduate and vocational courses after SSLC.
4.Distribution Of Talking Laptop To Blind Students: – Providing Laptops To All Students Who Are Studying In SSLC And Post. There Is No Income Limit.
5.Scholarships For Disabled Students: Under This Scheme, Scholarships Are Awarded To Eligible Persons With Disabilities Studying In Class I From Post Graduate.
- Submitting Applications To District Disabled Welfare Officers Of The Respective District With The Confirmation Of The Head Of School
- There Is No Income Limit
||Scholarship Amount (Per month)
||1 to 50th std
||6th to 10th std
||Technical & Professional
6.Incentive Awards to Meritorious Students with disability: The scheme provides one time Incentive Award to Meritorious disabled students who secure more than 60% of marks in public examinations.
||scholarship (per month)
||II year PUC
||Degree in Agriculture Engineering Technology Vet. Science and Medicine
7.Aids and Appliances:-Three-Wheeler Vehicles, Hearing Aids, Artificial Limbs, Braille Clocks, White Sticks, A Project To Distribute Various Types Of Handicraft Equipment To Their Various Disabilities.
8.ADHARA SELF EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMME:-50% Of The Project Cost And 50% Of The Subsidy Amount Will Be Provided As Assistance To Disabled Persons In Accordance With The Loan Sanctioned And Issued By Banks For Self Employment.
9.BUS PASS :The Passes Will Be Issued Free Of Cost To The Blind And Other Disabled Buses Traveling On Karnataka State Road Transport Buses.
10.NPRPD(National Programme For Rehabilitaion Fpr Person With Disability): Under This Scheme, TELL Level Will Be Hired To Provide Special Needs Rehabilitation Services To The Disabled Persons At The Taluka Level Where The Facilities Of The Department Are Available. And Urws Will Be Appointed To Town Panchayats.
Vidyodhya Rehabilitation Activist As per one taluk panchayat of 3 talukas in Kodagu district, Rs. 6,000 / – is being honored.
11.CORRECTIVE SURGERY: The Scheme Aims At Providing Financial Assistance To Undergo Corrective Surgeries. Financial Assistance Up To Maximum Of Rs.1,00,000/- Is Provided For Corrective Surgeries. The Eligible Amount Will Be Released Directly To The Hospitals.Concerned On Submission Of Amount Specified Documents.
12.DISABLE MARRIAGE SUPPORTING SCHEME: Ordinary Person Disability Scheme A scheme to deposit Rs.50,000/-
13.ACHIEVEMENT TALENT: A STATUTORY GRANT TO HELP DISABLED PEOPLE ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN SPORTS, LIKE OTHER GENERAL POPULATIONS, TO COMPETE AT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.
14.THREE WHEELER BIKE :-AUTOMATED TRICYCLE PLAN: A THREE-WHEELER LIFETIME PLAN FOR FAMILIES WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE NOT BELOW THE WAISTLINE OF MORE THAN 75% OF THE AGE GROUP OF 20 TO 60 YEARS WITH AN ANNUAL INCOME OF LESS THAN RS 2.00 LAKH.
15.Baby Care Allownce: Scheme For Providing Health Care And Nutritional Food For A Period Of 5 Years To 2 Months For A Child Birth Of 5 Years For A Child Born To A Totally Deaf Woman From Poor Families Within An Annual Income Limit Of Rs. 2.50 Lakh.
16.Insurance Scheme for Mentally Retarded persons:Under This Scheme, The Parents / Guardians Of Persons With Mental Retardation Whose Annual Income Is Rs.11,500/- Or Less Per Year, The Directorate Of Disabled Welfare Contributes The Annual Premium To Life Insurance Of Corporation Of India Under A Specially Designed Group Insurance Policy.Under This Policy, After The Demise Of The Parents / Guardians Of The Mentally Retarded Person, The Nominee Will Get A One Time Lump Sum Amount Of Rs.20,000/- For The Maintenance Of The Person With Retardation.
17.Niramya Scheme- For The First Time, Rs. 250 / – Has Been Paid By The Government For Insurance Premiums For Individuals With Brain Impairment / Cerebral Palsy / Autism / Multiple Disabilities.
18.Unemployment Allowance:- This Scheme Is Not Eligible For Beneficiaries Under The Monthly Nutrition Allowance, Fee Reimbursement And Scholarship Scheme. Must Have 40% And Above Disability As Well As SSLC And Post Qualification
19.Sparda Cheatana Scheme:
20. Brail Kit For Disable Student:- The Project Is Being Implemented By 2020-21, With A Plan To Distribute Kits Worth Rs 25,000 Each To The Blind Students, Including The Talking Mobel, Braille Watch, Walking Stick And Other Equipment
21. Distribution Of Sewing Machine For Self Employed Persons With Hearing Impairment: The Scheme Is Implemented For The Year 2010-2021 And Should Be Attended To SSLC And Certified For The Profession.
22.Disabled Helpline: All disabled persons in Kodagu District can find information on Departmental Plans by contacting the Disabled Helpline by calling 08272-295829.
23. Braille Press: Braille books for the blind students are printed by the Braille Press in Mysore and are being supplied free of charge to all schools in the state.
24. Disabled Employer and Beneficiary (Male / Female) Government Dormitory: – The employer and the employer have separate dormitories for men and women and those who stay in the hostel will have to pay 5 per cent of their income to the government in the form of rent and benefits to the dining system.
25. Hostel for Women and Students with Employment Disabilities: Meal and accommodation should be provided only to disabled working women / women who are below the poverty line.
SENIOR CITIZEN SCHEME
1.Parents’ Nutrition, Protection and Protection of Senior Citizens Act 2007: This scheme was implemented in the State of Karnataka from 01-04-2008 under the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 7 of the Violence, Exploitation, Fraud and Fraud Act under this Act. The Court of Appeals, which is created under the Chairmanship of the Supervisors, can file cases and seek justice within a maximum of 90 days.
2.Senior Citizens Identity Card: Senior Citizens Application can be submitted online at the Seva Sindhu web portal sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in The application shall be verified by the District Disabled Welfare Officer and the senior citizen’s identity card will be accepted within 21 days.
3.Indira Gandhi National Professional Salary and Sandhya Suraksha Scheme: Under this scheme, beneficiaries aged 60 to 64 are given a pension of Rs. 1000
Sandhya Suraksha Scheme: Government Order No: RD97 MST from the Revenue Department: 2007-07-2007, a monthly subsidy of Rs.1000
4.Senior Citizens Helpline: – Senior Citizens Helpline is being operated in collaboration with the Self Help Organizations of the District Police Superintendent’s Office in the 30 districts of the State to provide legal assistance for the emergency assistance of the senior citizens and to resolve their issues. Green Rural Development Agency (RI), Pen Shan LIN, Madikeri Senior Citizens Helpline has been established in Madikeri district with the assistance of the Police Commissioner.
5. Daycare Wellness Center for Senior Citizens: – Senior caregivers who cannot afford to look after their family during the day can avail themselves of small health problems to spend time with them and socialize with their older people to enjoy time with them.
6. Old Shakti Vidhyasam: Shri Shakti Vidyashrama is functioning under the auspices of the Government of India under the Central Government grant at Thayagaraja Colony in Madikeri, to provide free meals, housing and medical facilities to destitute persons aged sixty and over.